Monday, February 16, 2004

More of Our Life

Not that it matters to most who read this. But I am going to merge another blog I have with this one. It is all valid. So I am going to post some former post here about being a new dad.

I posted this last Sunday!

Just for Dad: Becoming a Dad:

Found this Article on the March of Dimes Website...

What you can do:
Be involved. Go with your partner to her preconception and prenatal visits.
Watch, listen, browse and read. Watch videotapes, listen to audiotapes, check out the Internet, or read books about pregnancy, childbirth and being a parent.
Help plan for the baby. Talk to your partner about what you both want for the baby. Decide where the baby will sleep, and make that part of your home colorful and welcoming for the baby. Go shopping for baby things. Look together at your finances.
Learn. Go to childbirth education classes with your partner.
Help your partner stay healthy during pregnancy. Help her eat healthy foods, exercise, quit smoking, stay away from alcohol and illegal drugs and avoid dangerous workplace and household hazards (such as paint thinner and weed killers). Quit smoking yourself. Secondhand smoke is bad for pregnant women and babies.
Continue to have sex if you and your partner wish to do so. In most cases, it’s safe for a couple to have sex during pregnancy. Check with your partner’s health care provider. To avoid sexually transmitted infections, have sex with only one person who doesn’t have any other sexual partners and/or use a condom when having sex. Discuss HIV testing for you and your partner with your health care provider.
Be supportive. If your partner chooses to breastfeed, support her decision.

Week 12

We are nearing the end of the first trimester. My wife naomi is still feeling sick in the mornings and other points of the day. I wish there were things I could do as a husband to help comfort her more. I try to be available for every need. I encourage her to rest. I am doing my best to meet here cravings. We have another appointment this week to see the OB doctor I am very excited about this. Our last visit we did get a songram picutre. It is a wonderful picture.




No comments: