Tuesday, January 30, 2007
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Friday, January 26, 2007
So many problems in the world are caused because people few things differently. People take there believes very personal. Coke or Pepsi? White or Wheat? Murphy or Horner? But seriously, can people with opposite views live in a community together? Can that community be effective?
I say YES! Why? My Simple Answer is that God is the unifying force in the World. Love is a uniting force. And Grace. And Compassion. Selflessness. We get very selfish when it comes to our believes. IT IS MY BELIEF and IT IS RIGHT. And if you DON'T Believe what I Believe in then you are Wrong.
You BETTER BELIEVE IT!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
My Mom loves to work on Ancestry.com. And she is having a blast with it. This could give them a run for there money!
read more | digg story
Friday, January 12, 2007
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
So I have Heard Keith talking about New Monasticism and the 12 Marks. I thought would be cool to post those here and give me input. Because my comments are crucial...8) The Red is Keith's Comments
I really like the pray above.
1) Relocation to the abandoned places of Empire.
Cool like Abandoned Wal-Mart
2) Sharing economic resources with fellow community members and the needy among us.
Yeah why does everyone need to buy there "own" lawnmower.
3) Hospitality to the stranger
Buy a Cup a Joe for Joe!
4) Lament for racial divisions within the church and our communities
combined with the active pursuit of a just reconciliation.
I just don't understand why there still has to be division. Well I understand why! I just there wasn't division!
5) Humble submission to Christ’s body, the church.
6) Intentional formation in the way of Christ and the rule of the
community along the lines of the old novitiate.
Sounds Good. Not Really 100% sure what this is saying!
7) Nurturing common life among members of intentional community.
8) Support for celibate singles alongside monogamous married couples and their children.
9) Geographical proximity to community members who share a common rule of life.
What yours is mine and what mine is mine. ONLY KIDDING!
10) Care for the plot of God’s earth given to us along with support of our local economies.
I once bought fish at Wal-Mart (I know) and it was from China!
11) Peacemaking in the midst of violence and conflict resolution within communities along the lines of Matthew 18.
Who doesn't want peace. Everyone wants peace! No I really believe most people want peace!
12) Commitment to a disciplined contemplative life.
A Good Idea!May God give us grace by the power of the Holy Spirit to discern rules for living that will help us embody these marks in our local contexts as signs of Christ’s kingdom for the sake of God’s world.
Above Was Snipped from: "http://www.newmonasticism.org"