So I have Heard Keith talking about New Monasticism and the 12 Marks. I thought would be cool to post those here and give me input. Because my comments are crucial...8) The Red is Keith's Comments
I really like the pray above.
1) Relocation to the abandoned places of Empire.
Cool like Abandoned Wal-Mart
2) Sharing economic resources with fellow community members and the needy among us.
Yeah why does everyone need to buy there "own" lawnmower.
3) Hospitality to the stranger
Buy a Cup a Joe for Joe!
4) Lament for racial divisions within the church and our communities
combined with the active pursuit of a just reconciliation.
I just don't understand why there still has to be division. Well I understand why! I just there wasn't division!
5) Humble submission to Christ’s body, the church.
6) Intentional formation in the way of Christ and the rule of the
community along the lines of the old novitiate.
Sounds Good. Not Really 100% sure what this is saying!
7) Nurturing common life among members of intentional community.
8) Support for celibate singles alongside monogamous married couples and their children.
9) Geographical proximity to community members who share a common rule of life.
What yours is mine and what mine is mine. ONLY KIDDING!
10) Care for the plot of God’s earth given to us along with support of our local economies.
I once bought fish at Wal-Mart (I know) and it was from China!
11) Peacemaking in the midst of violence and conflict resolution within communities along the lines of Matthew 18.
Who doesn't want peace. Everyone wants peace! No I really believe most people want peace!
12) Commitment to a disciplined contemplative life.
A Good Idea!May God give us grace by the power of the Holy Spirit to discern rules for living that will help us embody these marks in our local contexts as signs of Christ’s kingdom for the sake of God’s world.
Above Was Snipped from: "http://www.newmonasticism.org"