Monday, April 30, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
This is the best tasting Fat Free Ice Cream that I have ever put in my mouth and the Best Part is that it is only 1 weight watcher point per 1/2 cup of Ice Cream... Seriously go get this... I am not getting paid to say this. It is true
Monday, April 23, 2007
I found this awesome Weight Watchers Recipe.
These are Only 1 Point each.
- 1 head chinese cabbage, outer leaves removed, shredded
- 2 medium carrot(s), peeled and shredded
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 medium scallion(s), white and green parts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 average egg roll wrapper(s), about 1/2 oz each
- 1 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place cabbage in a microwavable dish and cover. Microwave on high until wilted, about 4 minutes; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add carrots, garlic, scallions, ginger, soy sauce, cornstarch and oil; mix well.
- Arrange egg roll wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Spoon cabbage mixture diagonally onto each wrapper. Fold over one corner to cover filling. Fold up both corners. Moisten edges of remaining flap with water and roll up wrapper jellyroll style until sealed. Transfer egg rolls to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
Friday, April 13, 2007
4/23/2007 - UPDATE I have sent all the invites I have out. Watch here and when I receive more I will announce.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Paying too much
Losing a dream home to another buyer
Buying the wrong home
When you have a systematic plan before you shop, you’ll be sure to avoid these costly errors. Here are some tips on making the most of your home purchase:
Get the information you need
What price do you offer a seller? Is the seller’s asking price too high? Is it a deal? Your own research is important, as is the assistance of a Realtor®. A professional Realtor® can offer an unbiased opinion on the value of a home, based on many factors and a great deal of information. Without knowledge of the market, your offer could be too much. Or worse, you could miss out on a great buying opportunity. Hire the right person and trust that person to represent your interests.
Buy YOUR home
What do you need and want in a home? Sounds simple, but clearly identifying your needs and bringing an objective view to home shopping leaves you in a much better position. How much space do you really need? Too small and you may feel like you live in constant clutter. Too big and maintenance may become too daunting. Outline all of your priorities, and work on finding not just a great home, but a great home for you.
Check the title
Before you sign any document, be sure the property you are considering is free of all encumbrances. As a part of his or her services, a Realtor® can supply you with a copy of the title to ensure there are no liens, debts, undisclosed owners, leases or easements against the title.
Update the survey
Before the purchase is completed, an updated survey is essential. This report will indicate boundaries and structural changes (additions to the house, a new swimming pool, neighbor’s new fence which is extending a boundary line, etc.), and will guarantee that you are indeed getting what you pay for.
Minimize the unexpected
For $300 - $500, a professional inspector will conduct a thorough inspection of the home. Their expertise can mean the difference between uncovering major flaws before or after you own a home. Make the final contract subject to the report’s findings.
It only takes a few days to get financing pre-approval. When you are shopping for a home, this gives you more power. A seller is more likely to consider an offer from a serious buyer.
Remember additional costs
Besides the funds for the purchase of a home, you’ll need funds for items such as loan fees, insurance, legal fees, surveys, inspections, etc.
Take a deep breath
Before you sign, ensure that all documentation clearly reflects your understanding and conditions of the transaction. Has anything been forgotten? Don’t rush. You could lose money, financing, or even the sale if you attempt to push things through too hastily.
Get the latest listings in Blue Ridge, Ellijay, Blairsville, Jasper, Young Harris, Hiawassee and Talking Rock directly emailed to your inbox goto http://www.quicklistingalerts.com
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Onto the Quest to be Skinny Update. I have reached 278 finally after a couple of bumpy weeks. I am very excited. I am actually feeling a lot better. So this is very good. I have been baking weight watcher foods today. My wife remember today how much I enjoy cooking. I don't get to do it as much I use to. But this recipe was my favorite of today. Apple Cornbread Muffins.
UPDATE: As soon as I got done typing this entry. I remembered I had something else cooking. These took over as my recipe of the day.
Points Value: 3
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
2 Cups low-fat baking mix (Bisquik Heart Smart)
3/4 Cup (3 oz) preshredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1. Preheat Oven to 400
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, and saute until tender. Remove from Heat.
3. Lightly spoon baking mix into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add baking mix and 1/2 cup cheese to onion mixture in pan. Combine egg and milk; add to onion mixture, stirring just until moist. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each of 0f 9 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
4. Bake at 400 for 22 minutes or until golden. Remove from
Pan immediately, and serve warm.
Yield 9 Muffins (serving size: 1 muffin)
Per serving: Cal 138 (28% from fat); Fat 4.3g (sat 1.4g); Pro 5.8g;
Carb 20.1g; FIB 0.4g; Chol 31mg; Iron 1.1mg; SOD 384 mg; Calc 266mg
Source: Weight Watchers, five ingredient, 15 minute cookbook
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
WOW! Joost did a major ramping up. The new version is even better. Talk about some great content. I absoultely love the World Records Channel, Poker Channel, MTV and more. And they are just testing. This has so much potential. I have read some folks that are negative on Joost but not me. Great Content. They even dished out some Invites (wink).
Monday, April 02, 2007
Well, last week has been one of those. I showed property for two days straight and not sure of the results as of today. The open house was a FLOP, noone showed up. And the Diet! Some how I miraculously lost some weight but I am back to hard core dieting today!